Here is a summary of forthcoming events at Constable Community Allotment or Boulevard Village Hall in February and March 2018.
‘Pickering Road Community Orchard’ :
Presentation followed by question & answer session. Sat 17th Feb, 6.30pm for 7.00pm Boulevard Village Hall
Herbal Workshop :
Sat 24th Feb, 10.00am-1.00 pm, Constable Community Allotment, then at Boulevard Village Hall
Green Woodworking Workshops :
Sat 3rd March & Sat 10th March, 10.00am-4.00pm, Constable Community Allotment
Fermenting Workshop :
Mon 12th March, 7.00 pm-9.30 pm, Boulevard Village Hall
Willow Weaving Weekend :
Sat 24th March & Sun 25th March, 10.00am- 4.00pm, Constable Community Allotment
All courses are free, although donations are welcomed! You will still need to book a place on each course as numbers are limited.
Also planned – Forest Gardening Course delivered by Tomas Remiarz (author of Forest Gardening in Practice) in conjunction with the WEA. 17 -18 May 2018
For more information about these events or to book places ring Lausanne on 07816141169
A double bill of sustainable food talks in Hull by The Kindling Trust on Tue 27 February 2018
More than medicine: social prescribing, food growing and healthy cooking
At Warehouse 8, Guildhall Road, HU1 1HJ , 2pm –4pm, Tue 27 February
Igniting the local food movement and increasing local production’ Zoo Café, 80B Newland Avenue, HU5 3AB, 6.30pm – 9.30pm, Tue 27 February
Both talks are free and open to all. The evening talk will be followed by a discussion and vegetarian food.
The talks are hosted by Hull Sustainable Food City with Chis Walsh, founder member of the Kindling Trust.
See www.kindling.org.uk for more info about what the Kindling Trust does.
To confirm your attendance or more information about Hull Sustainable Food City Contact Bryony MacFadyen, Hull Sustainable Food City Partnership Co-ordinator 07712321413
Room to rent in old terrace cottage near Beverley town centre. £60 per week to include internet access and bills. Here at Green Gardens we embrace the Permaculture principles, earthcare. people care and fair share. We have a front room available from the end of March to October with the possibility of a longer let. The room has own private entrance with shared living room and kitchen with range fire, small basic loo and shower room. Large garden with option to join in veggie growing, campfires, shared meals and Time Bank events. If interested please ring Sally on 07907843778 for more details. (posted Feb 2018)
Transition & Permaculture Hull is part of the Transition Network
2018 Transition Network Newsletter
Publication 21 Stories of Transition
Transition & Permaculture Hull has a copy of this publication, and copies of previous Transition publications – The Transition Handbook, The Transition Companion, The Power of Just Doing Stuff – all available to borrow from the Transition & Permaculture Hull library – use the website contact form to get in touch.
Sites suggested by Transition & Permaculture Hull members:
- Grow trees to offset Trump’s withdrawal from climate agreement https://trumpforest.com/
- First Food Waste Supermarket in the UK Pudsey, Sept 2016 http://resource.co/article/uk-
- Wetwipes and Marine Conservation Find out how you can get involved
- Ecological Land Cooperative Devon https://vimeo.com/169613117 http://ecologicalland.coop/
- Brunswick Organic Nursery and Craft Workshop near York http://www.brunswickyork.org.uk/
- Get worm composting today with The Urban Worm http://www.theurbanworm.co.uk/
- First UK Food Waste Supermarket http://resource.co/article/uk-s-first-food-waste-supermarket-opens-leeds-11395
- The home of organic farming Soil Association website https://www.soilassociation.org/
- Horton Community Farm permaculture site in Bradford
- Friends of Constable Street Field, Hull, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Constable-Street-Field-147736172079143/
- Sustainability of urban food systems https://susturbanfoods.com/
- Interview with the director of film ‘Threatened Forests’ at http://eubioenergy.com/2015/
11/25/threatened-forests- interview-with-director- benoit-grimont/
- Envisioning a prosperous descent by focusing on what is sufficient to live well http://simplicityinstitute.org/
- ‘Crash on Demand’ David Holmgren’s paper on stopping stopping the juggernaut of consumer capitalism from driving the world over the climate change cliff http://holmgren.com.au/crash-demand/
- A book to stimulate discussion about the relationship between personal wellbeing and environmental sustainability http://happierpeoplehealthierplanet.com/
- Welcome to the next generation of horticulturists http://younghort.com/
- Using gardening to change lives: http://www.thrive.org.uk/
- the myths surrounding the “fracking boom” http://www.i-sis.org.uk/US_
- Plastic Bottles light up houses! http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/
- Use waste coffee grouts for growing mushrooms http://www.fungi-futures.
- Biofuelwatch http://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/
- Marinet marine conservation http://www.marinet.org.uk/
- Local Freecycle http://groups.freecycle.org/hullfreecycle/posts/all
- 21 Jan 2018