Coming up Autumn 2018
The National Civillian WW2 Memorial Trust (NCWW2MT) (http://ncww2mt.freewebspace.
com/) is holding a fundraising meal on Thursday 27 September 2018 at Hitchcocks vegetarian restaurant 7.30pm for 8pm, ‘wartime food’ theme.
Hull Green Fair on Sat 20 October 2018 at Cottingham Civic Hall, Market Green, Cottingham HU16 5QG. 10 am to 3.30pm. Stalls, workshops, live music and green cafe.
Fracking Legal Challenge in Yorkshire
A new legal challenge has been launched, in August 2018, by Paul Andrews, a resident of Ryedale, which aims to take the government to Judicial Review to challenge their recent Ministerial Statement on fracking – see http://bit.ly/FrackingChal
If you support this challenge please publicise it and perhaps make a donation.
Suggested Facebook text and tweet.
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS URGENT LEGAL CHALLENGE TO GOVERNMENT FRACKING POLICY
On May 17th the government issued a Ministerial Statement that aims to centralise control of fracking planning policy and prevent councils from deciding how fracking is dealt with locally. Ryedale resident Paul Andrews is applying for a Judicial Review to get this Statement withdrawn and return regional planning policy decisions to local councillors. If you value local democracy and oppose fracking, please donate by clicking below. http://bit.ly/FrackingC
Please support this urgent appeal for a Judicial Review on the government’s recent Ministerial Statement on #fracking planning policy. Click here to donate: http://bit.ly/Fracking
Who should Feed the World?
This article in the Guardian on 5 June 2018, prompted by the proposed merger between Monsanto and Bayer, examines the power of multinationals over proprietary seeds, and fertilisers and pesticides for growing food. It it highlights an Indian community seedbank as an example of how it might be possible to preserve the huge amount of traditional varieties we may need in an uncertain future.
More about the merger and a petition against it at
The Trans Pennine Trail is a national coast to coast route for recreation and transport – for walkers, cyclists and (in parts) horse riders. It goes through Hull and on to Hornsea. Find out more at http://www.transpenninetrail.o
The website has an Events section which lists events and activities which are taking place near the trail http://www.transpenninet
Transition & Permaculture Hull is part of the Transition Network
2018 Transition Network Newsletter
Publication 21 Stories of Transition
Transition & Permaculture Hull has a copy of this publication, and copies of previous Transition publications – The Transition Handbook, The Transition Companion, The Power of Just Doing Stuff – all available to borrow from the Transition & Permaculture Hull library – use the website contact form to get in touch.
Sites suggested by Transition & Permaculture Hull members:
- Grow trees to offset Trump’s withdrawal from climate agreement https://trumpforest.com/
- First Food Waste Supermarket in the UK Pudsey, Sept 2016 http://resource.co/article/uk-
- Wetwipes and Marine Conservation Find out how you can get involved
- Ecological Land Cooperative Devon https://vimeo.com/169613117 http://ecologicalland.coop/
- Brunswick Organic Nursery and Craft Workshop near York http://www.brunswickyork.org.uk/
- Get worm composting today with The Urban Worm http://www.theurbanworm.co.uk/
- The home of organic farming Soil Association website https://www.soilassociation.org/
- Horton Community Farm permaculture site in Bradford
- Friends of Constable Street Field, Hull, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Constable-Street-Field-147736172079143/
- Sustainability of urban food systems https://susturbanfoods.com/
- Interview with the director of film ‘Threatened Forests’ at http://eubioenergy.com/2015/
11/25/threatened-forests- interview-with-director- benoit-grimont/
- Envisioning a prosperous descent by focusing on what is sufficient to live well http://simplicityinstitute.org/
- ‘Crash on Demand’ David Holmgren’s paper on stopping stopping the juggernaut of consumer capitalism from driving the world over the climate change cliff http://holmgren.com.au/crash-demand/
- A book to stimulate discussion about the relationship between personal wellbeing and environmental sustainability http://happierpeoplehealthierplanet.com/
- Welcome to the next generation of horticulturists http://younghort.com/
- Using gardening to change lives: http://www.thrive.org.uk/
- the myths surrounding the “fracking boom” http://www.i-sis.org.uk/US_
- Plastic Bottles light up houses! http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/
- Use waste coffee grouts for growing mushrooms http://www.fungi-futures.
- Biofuelwatch http://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/
- Marinet marine conservation http://www.marinet.org.uk/
- Local Freecycle http://groups.freecycle.org/hullfreecycle/posts/all
page updated August 2018