Grants of £5000 or £10000 are available from the Government’s Green Homes Grant Scheme. The government will provide a voucher worth up to £5,000 or £10,000 to help cover the cost of making energy efficient improvements to your home. Apply now for work to be completed 31 March 2021 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/
CHCP Green Health Grants The City Health Care Partnership Foundation is making grants available for projects that tackle green issues as well as the health and wellbeing of adults, children and young people. Deadline 1st November 2020. https://www.chcpcic.org.uk/chcp-services/chcp-foundation/pages/green-health-grants
One Hull of a Forest is a project whose main aim is to plant trees, involving schools and businesses and the general public, to help increase the woodland cover in Hull and the East Riding.The project is linked to the HEYwoods strategy group, with a target to plant 1.2 million trees over the coming years, as part of the Northern Forest Initiative. It hopes to put Hull on the map as one of the greenest cities in the north of England. The project is managed by the ‘Plant a Tree Today’ Foundation (PATT Foundation) and the following link provides more info. They are looking for involvement in lots of ways and the link has a contact form where you can leave your details to find out more.
The Woodland Trust is offering free trees to schools and communities. Apply now and the trees will be delivered in March 2021
Treesisters is a grassroots network of women planting over two million trees a year in the tropics. These are women committed to the restoration of our forests and the rebalancing of humanity’s relationship with the natural world, and you can join them.
Friends of the Earth Trees Campaign calls for the tree cover in the UK to be doubled by 2045 as one of the best solutions to protect the environment and achieve net zero emissions. To sign the petition and read more:
Tree Aid is a UK Charity which works with communities in Africa to ensure they have the resources, training and support to grow and restore trees on their land.
Ecosia is a search engine that plants trees. It uses the advertising revenue from your searches to plant trees where they are needed most.
Transition & Permaculture Hull is part of the Transition Network
Transition & Permaculture Hull has a copies of Transition Network Publications which can be borrowed on request
- 21 Stories of Transition
- The Transition Handbook
- The Transition Companion
- The Power of Just Doing Stuff
- In Transition 1.0 DVD: from oil dependence to local resilience
- In Transition 2.0 DVD: a story of resilience and hope
- Voices of Transition DVD : community-led food production
Sites suggested by Transition & Permaculture Hull members:
- Information about the Stop Ecocide campaign, about Polly Higgins and about signing up as an Earth Protetor at https://www.stopecocide.earth
- Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research giving climate change targets for the City of Kingston upon Hull that are derived from the commitments enshrined in the Paris Agreement https://carbonbudget.mancheste
- Friends of the Earth ‘How climate friendly in your community’ – enter your post code and find out https://friendsoftheearth.uk/c
limate-friendly-communities?ut m_source=call-to-action-acting &utm_medium=email&utm_campaign =climate-change&utm_content= FY1920-10_lm1910007_not- signed-v2
- Comedian Nish Kumar has something to say about Extinction Rebellion, and it’s hilarious
- Music video called ‘Apocalypse’, featuring a globe-busting music video by the Correspondents.
- XR video of ‘Requiem for a Dead Planet’, creative action demanding media tell the truth about the climate emergency.
- Harrison Ford video for XR ‘If We Don’t Protect Nature We Can’t Protect Ourselves’
- How can we practise Regenerative Action? video in conversation with two monastics from Plum Village, the home and practice centre of peace-activist Thich Naht Hanh. https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/mps2/c/3gA/ni0Y
- Working together for a just transition New Economics Foundation Nov 2018: How can we manage the shift to a green economy, and provide good jobs for all? https://neweconomics.org/2018/11/working-together-for-a-just-transition?mc_cid=d9c12a42e6&mc_eid=bb236f8f36
- Who should feed the world? the power of multinationals over proprietary seeds https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/05/feed-the-world-real-people-faceless-multinationals-monsanto-bayer
- The Trans Pennine Trail walkers & cyclists coast-to-coast going through Hull http://www.transpenninetrail.o
- Grow trees to offset Trump’s withdrawal from climate agreement https://trumpforest.com/
- First Food Waste Supermarket in the UK Pudsey, Sept 2016 http://resource.co/article/uk-
- Wetwipes and Marine Conservation Find out how you can get involved
- Ecological Land Cooperative Devon https://vimeo.com/169613117 http://ecologicalland.coop/
- Brunswick Organic Nursery and Craft Workshop near York http://www.brunswickyork.org.uk/
- Get worm composting today with The Urban Worm http://www.theurbanworm.co.uk/
- The home of organic farming Soil Association website https://www.soilassociation.org/
- Horton Community Farm permaculture site in Bradford
- Friends of Constable Street Field, Hull, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Constable-Street-Field-147736172079143/
- Sustainability of urban food systems https://susturbanfoods.com/
- Interview with the director of film ‘Threatened Forests’ at http://eubioenergy.com/2015/
11/25/threatened-forests- interview-with-director- benoit-grimont/
- Envisioning a prosperous descent by focusing on what is sufficient to live well http://simplicityinstitute.org/
- ‘Crash on Demand’ David Holmgren’s paper on stopping stopping the juggernaut of consumer capitalism from driving the world over the climate change cliff http://holmgren.com.au/crash-demand/
- A book to stimulate discussion about the relationship between personal wellbeing and environmental sustainability http://happierpeoplehealthierplanet.com/
- Welcome to the next generation of horticulturists http://younghort.com/
- Using gardening to change lives: http://www.thrive.org.uk/
- the myths surrounding the “fracking boom” http://www.i-sis.org.uk/US_
- Plastic Bottles light up houses! http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/
- Use waste coffee grouts for growing mushrooms http://www.fungi-futures.
- Biofuelwatch http://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/
- Marinet marine conservation http://www.marinet.org.uk/
- Local Freecycle http://groups.freecycle.org/hullfreecycle/posts/all
page updated June 2020